It is against the law to throw or plow snow from your driveway onto the street! It can be dangerous for road users and causes your neighbors extra work, as well as problems with mail delivery.
Please keep children away from curbs and boulevards when snowplows are working. Discourage digging or tunneling in snow piles on the boulevards. Plows throw tons of snow during heavy snowfall that can quickly bury a child or cause a tunnel to collapse.
You can help by keeping fire hydrants clear of snow so that the fire department has quicker access in case of a fire.
- Be prepared for winter driving and possible delays due to the weather.
- Don’t crowd the snowplow; give them room to work.
- Be patient; plowing the entire city takes time.
- Don’t pass a snowplow unless you see the whole plow, including its blade.
- Don’t place your garbage container in the street.