2017 Plots at Edgerton Community Garden
The City stakes the plots, and provides a water tank. Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods. The City does not till the plots, and soil conservation gardening methods are encouraged such as mulching, and reducing soil disturbance. This garden consists of 46 individual plots, (12' x 15' each). Fee: $25/plot
for the entire 2017 season: Friday, April 28th- Weds, October 25th, 2017.
Returning Gardener registration begins Weds, Feb 22nd, 2017 (LINK WILL APPEAR HERE ON FEB 22nd by 12:00pm)
New Gardener registration begins Weds, March 8th, 2017 (LINK WILL APPEAR HERE ON March 8th by 12:00pm)
Register ONLINE or call the Nature Center at 651-249-2170 for help with online registration, or if you would like to arrange in-person registration.
Community Garden Questions: Call Coordinator Oakley Biesanz 651-249-2173
Edgerton Community Garden is Located in Edgerton Park near the baseball fields and the playground. The park is located near the corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, and just north of Edgerton Elementary School.
This handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, from the University of MN in Horticultural Sciences, and his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. The translations below are provided by local volunteers.
Edgerton Community Garden Open House: Open to the Public: Friday, April 28th, 2017 4:30PM-6:30PM
- Ramsey County Master Gardeners are there to help you learn more about gardening! Ask a Master Gardener--Call 651-704-2071 for unbiased garden answers, go to their plant diagnostic clinics, or visit them at some farmers markets.
- Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening from Ramsey County Compost Sites check the individual websites for details about hours and availability
- Saint Paul Farmers Markets include locations in Maplewood and many others for your locally grown plant seedlings such as tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and flowers.
- ISD 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, Carver School, 651-748-7437.
- Harvest Gardens Community Garden Another nearby Community Garden Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Voice mailbox: 651 288-1082.