Interior Remodel

If your remodeling project involves the removal of, movement of or building of an interior wall, or sheet rocking a building permit is required.

Note: You will be required to have smoke detectors in all bedrooms throughout the house at the final inspection for final approval.

If a contractor is performing the work, the city requires the contractor to be licensed with either the state or the City of Maplewood.

Documentation required when applying for an interior remodel building permit: